- Landing fee: $30.00
- 3 days of flying at a premiere facility with some of the best pilots on the planet.
- Hot dog lunch Friday and Saturday.
- Event t-shirt (free with preregistration only).
- Raffle tickets (5 included with preregistration or 1 with in-site registration).
- The t-shirt design will be released on March 1st, and there will be a few prizes for those that pre-register.
- To pre-register simply send a check payable to:
- Darrell Bell
- 22792 North Kane St., Detroit, MI 48223
- Be sure to include a note with your t-shirt size and AMA number.
- Or PayPal:
- To email@example.com
- Include your t-shirt size and AMA number in the comment section.
This years’ event will take place at Grosse Ile Airport on the island of Grosse Ile, MI after months of planning and negotiating the event is going to happen on one of the airport’s two runways. The runway is 8850 feet long offering an incredible amount of space for the flight line. This year the event will be held in conjunction with the Grosse Ile Island Fest also occurring at the airport during the Fun Fly.
The airport offers several new amenities:
- Night Flying
- Motor Home Parking
- Full Scale Helicopter Rides
- Full Scale Plane Rides
- Carnival Games and rides for the family
Demo Pilots planning to attend:
- Nick Maxwell – Team Futaba & OS Engines & Team Rotor Rage
- Curtis Youngblood – Curtis Youngblood Enterprises
- Kyle and Ray Stacy – Team Futaba & Team Rotor Rage
- Bobby Watts – Team Futaba
- Bert Kammerer – Team JR & Team Outrage & Team Rotor Rage
- Tim Jones – Team A-main Hobbies & Team YS & Team Rotor Rage
- Matt Botos – Team Synergy & Team Rail Blades
- Aaron Johnson – Team Synergy & Team Rotor Rage
- Alex Rodriguez – Team JR & Team Heli Wholesaler
- AJ Jaffe – Team YS & Team Curtis Youngblood & Team Rotor Rage
- Tony Whiteside – Team Compass & Concept RC
- David Kettlehut – Team Compass
- Jared Granzow – Team JR
- Mike Fortin – Team Heliwholesaler
- Ray Nemovi – Team Curtis Youngblood & Team Thunder Power
- JC Zankl – Team Empire
- And many more to come…
The following Sponsors have agreed to support the event:
- Horizon Hobby
- Avant RC
- Miniature Aircraft
- Heli Wholesaler
- Byron Fuels
- Castle Creations
- Curtis Youngblood Enterprises
- Scorpion Power Systems
- Hacker Brushless Motors
- Rail Blades
- Prop-shop hobbies
- Dirtburners RC Racing
- A-main Hobbies
- Progressive RC
- Assurance RC (Align USA)
- And the Grand Prize will be donated by Experience RC!
- The Primary hotel:
- Name: LaQuinta Inn
- Address: 12888 Reeck Road, Southgate, MI
- Tel.: 734-374-3000
- The rate for the event is $72.15 + Tax per night. The hotel offers free wi-fi and free breakfast. Please mention “Mid America Fun Fly” to get the group rate.
- The secondary hotel:
- Name: Motel 6
- Address: 18777 Northline Road, Southgate, MI
- Tel.: 734-287-8340
- The rate for the event is $50.39 + Tax per night. The hotel offers free wi-fi and free breakfast. Please mention “Mid America Fun Fly” to get the group rate.
- Both room blocks start accepting reservations on February 1st 2012.
As usual there will be planned dinners and other activities for every night of the event. In addition to the night booming Detroit area night life, The Detroit Grand Prix return in 2012 and it’s the same weekend so the city will be buzzing with excitement and all of you race fans can check out the race on Sunday. Check out Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix www.detroitgp.com for more details.
Stay tuned for more info regarding Sponsors very soon.