Go Back   R/C Helicopter Fever Forum > RC Helicopter Fever > Talk On R/C Helicopters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Talk On R/C Helicopters For General Discussions on anything RC Heli!

Our Sponsors

Old 06-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Newbie Member

State: mich
City: utica
Re: RC helicopter from CVS for $24.99 Blue hat toy company

Hey, Lacrosse, that is something I am still trying to master- but will give it a try.
Anyway, the Hoverlite is a Syma 9093 -I think. Got the heli sitting right in front of me now- found box, charger, heli - but not the folder with the numbers etc in it. I think I am suffering from terminal clutter.
Any ways, you see these helis in just about every toy store web page. Just got to look around. I don't want to get banned for 'phishing' so I guess if you looked at the sponsoring ad at the top of this page, you will find one there.
Flying this thing is a challenge, so be ready. Like the man said - tall grass, no trees. And a picknic table to fly off of.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Newbie Member

You are right, DaveC- I had the idea to reverse the wires in order to fly from the nose.
Never seems to be enough time- and my Esky Blade cx2 is the way to go. Co-axial, reasonable prices on parts ( and my LH sell the replacement parts- they are real popular here) - so my .02 is- save your money and start out with something worth putting time into.
Thanks, guys, for all of your comments."If I'd a known then what I know now - well, you know
Old 08-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Newbie Member

State: Pennsylvania
City: Doylestown

Hello. My son spent his own money to buy the Hover Lites RC helicopter at Rite Aid for $29.99. The first time he tried to fly it, the antenna on the controller broke. I have to agree with all the messages about this item. All it does is spin around and then crash. He is so disappointed with this helicopter. I am going to return it to the store and get his money back. This is the worst RC item I have ever seen. If you are considering buying a RC helicopter, do not buy one made by Blue hat toy company. You will be very disappointed.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:39 AM
Newbie Member

State: California
City: Huntington Beach

In all fairness, I believe there is a video on this site that proves these helicopters can be flown. It is not easy but is do-able. These are also being sold at Rite-Aid Drugstores in California. I have 2 of them and neither has broken yet. You have to keep them at low altitude and cut the throttle instantly when it appears you can't control it until you get more familiar with them. As always, still air seems the best for practice. I didn't find Blue Hat Toy Company in Irvine at all helpful when I had a problem...they were just plain arrogant and disinterested. They don't seem to be "manufacturers", just importers.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Newbie Member

I see Rite Aid still has one on the shelf here - s/E Mich., I am playing around with adding more fin material to assist in breaking the main rotor torque. with so much stuff to play with, this is somewhat on the back burner fo now.

Our Sponsors