Go Back   R/C Helicopter Fever Forum > RC Helicopter Fever > Setting Up Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Setting Up Questions Post your questions and answers on setting up your heli for the first time.

Our Sponsors

Old 07-01-2003, 04:33 PM
jblong77

What type of grease to use and where.

The manual shows to apply grease on certain parts, but does not specify what type. Also, it does not show putting any grease on the main gears. Should there be any on those gears?
Old 07-02-2003, 08:17 AM
yeloowtang

hi jblong 77

not on main gear all this gear needs is not to bind annywhere
i use bosch grease in my tail rotor gear box and on most trust bearings you can get this at rick's rc helicopter or something simular it is said that slick 50 works verry well they just don't sell it in my erea the bosch stuff is purple and thick for high speed.
you will also need try-flow with teflon this is for the tail rotor shaft slider and main shaft as well where you have parts that move,it can also be applied to the ball links but never did this myself i also put a drop of it on all visible bearings

steff
Old 07-02-2003, 10:35 AM
jblong77

Thanks for the help! Just curious as why not to use grease on the main gears. It seems that any moving or interacting parts should be lubricated in some fashion. Thanks!
Old 07-03-2003, 08:48 AM
yeloowtang

well i think that one of the reason is the fact that it's not concealed ,the greas would be trown off + it would trap foreign objects that would cause more harm then good it goes the same for rc cars the gear on engin and spur gear have no grease but the gear box do have some.getting the wright gera mesh is the trick.this means you slowly turn the gear &at the point where it binds you make it so that when you move the gear with your hands it just has a little play in it,then all should bi fine.

steff

Our Sponsors